Paul and Mel's UK

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Getting a little excited now ...

It is getting pretty close now.

Mel has had her last day at work and I have sold my car.

There have been a myriad of services to cancel and many more things to store. There have been plenty of things thrown away, and lot of going away get togethers. My place is a mess (or more specifically, much more so). But I am pretty please with things. Or, particularly, with the things to come.

The diary between today and departure day is almost completely full. I am certain I will not get everything done (which is worrying). Gadget shopping is way behind schedule: by now I figured I would at least have a new PDA and at best an iPod as well. There are still a couple of days left ...

At the risk of sounding somewhat less than completely manly, I am on the hunt for the perfect luggage for the trip. Sure, my backpack will suffice for the luggage that I will check in, but to transport my laptop plus and a reasonable amount of carry-on airline requirements will require a new carry-on bag. And will they allow my more-than-largish suitbag on board? Better find out ... there are still a couple of days left ...

Anyway, I had better leave it there. It is getting late and there is much to do tomorrow as there are only a couple of days left.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home