Paul and Mel's UK

Tuesday, May 17, 2005


Paul: Hello ... and sorry it has taken so long to update the blog.

We got on our flight (thanks for the lift and send off, Nan and Shannan) and boy was it a long one. We flew with Cathay, who were pretty good I thought, but 24 hrs on a plane is 24 hrs on a plane.

Marty was at Heathrow to meet us and that was a bit of a godsend (thanks Mart) as there is no way I would have gotten all of the bags lugged up all the stairs of the tube stations we had to traverse. Mel's bag was positively huge and mine was positively heavy.

The first couple of days were having a look around and settling in. And getting over jet lag, of course. I have felt the jet lag quite a bit this time. Getting old I suppose ...

It has been so cold here. Not fridgid ... but we have not been able to get away from the cold. Sunday just passed was lovely, though. So much so that we got to do the tourist bus thing. Most of the photos in the collage are from that tour.

Just started the job hunt - yesterday in fact. Six interviews down and about another four to go. I think you all be surprised to say that I am sick of talking about myself.

Anyway, I have to run. We are at a wi-fi hotspot with not much time left ... and Mel will want her say. So forgive any typos and keep an eye out for updates. And I hope things are well.

Mel:

So, first time to London, and all (including the weather) is what it's cracked up to be. It's just stunning. We did the open op bus tour on the only warm day so far ... saw the sights, yada yada yada.

Job hunting has also started for me. One interview yesterday which lead to being put forward for three roles, two interviews due on Thursday and another next Monday. These are all with agencies at this stage. No news on the Adecco front at the moment though.

Considering a day trip to Paris on the weekend ... oh the life! Oh ... and Krispy Kreme Donuts are everywhere!

AND ... shopping ... oh my GOD! Top Shop, Next, H&M, Zara, Mango, the list goes on! What's a girl to do with all of these fabulous department stores around. Oh ... I know ... SHOP!

1 Comments:

  • Dear Mel & Paul,

    We are missing you, but I am loving the comments and the photographs. Mel, just to let you know I sent off a glowing reference for you to Adecco yesterday. If they don't help you, I would like to know about it.

    Love, Kate XOXOX

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home