Paul and Mel's UK

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

One minute reprimand

Text message conversation between Paul and I after I got home on Monday night to find an empty jar of Nutella in the sink with tell-tale signs of having been eaten with a spoon (as opposed to spread on toast).

M: "Excuse me, but did you eat the entire jar of Nutella?"

P: "No! Well ... Yes. It was a moment of weakness ... Prince of Tides was on ... "Lowenstein ..."

M: "That was full! That's really bad. And you wonder why Nutella isn't ever on my shopping list. But ... hey, I'm so pleased that I have a man whose moment of weakness is a jar of Nutella and Prince of Tides. There are so many other moments of weakness you could expose yourself to ..."

He didn't respond to this last text message. I bumped into him on MSN later and asked whether he disliked my comment about moments of weakness as I thought it was funny/cute.

He replied by saying that it was funny/cute but as the beginning was bad he didn't respond so well.

Mel says, "The beginning was a one minute reprimand. Then it ends in how fabulous I think you are."

Paul says, " That is really funny. Almost makes me want to cease retaliating."


Can't half tell that we've both just read "One Minute Manager."

We are lame!

3 Comments:

  • A one minute reprimand! Mark would LOVE that!!!
    Love you both,
    Belinda

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:33 PM  

  • Make sure you hide the pinenuts in good place this time Miss.

    C xx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:39 PM  

  • Oh, very funny Miss C. That one got a laugh out loud. I've learnt my lesson there! But ... as you can see, some things just don't change.

    By Blogger Melissa, at 2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home