Paul and Mel's UK

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Life can be funny ...

"Life can be funny. No cabs available in W (Worchestershire) when I needed one so I took one 1 hour earlier. 1 hour early at the station meant a slow train was available to Oxford, so I took it thinking I would catch a fast train from there. Slow train is so slow that it turns out this fast train is the same fast train I would have caught in W if I had waited. Only now I am going to fight for a standing spot. Was cursing ... till I found out the fast train was cancelled. This would have made me 2+ hours late. Instead the slow train will get me to Paddington 30 minutes after the W fast train would have. Again, life is funny."

Five minutes later:

"Nope ... Just saw the fast train go passed. Cursing again."

"Right, that is officially 3 hours on this train."

"Arrived in P (Paddington) and awaiting the dreaded NHG Special." (Notthinghill Gate Special - A nototiously slow line to Wimbeldon!)

"Just announced that 3 district line trains have been cancelled."

The above dialogue are texts I received from Paul yesterday (Friday afternoon) detailing his dilemma in getting himself home from where he is working/staying during the week. I hate to laugh in the face of his adversity ... but the first text in particular is hilarous - and the situation on the whole ... a comedy of errors that only London (and England) transport can provide.

Needless to say he arrived home at around 8pm after travelling for around 5 hours (this would normally take 2.5). Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home