Paul and Mel's UK

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Melimel's got her mojo back

Cooking mojo that is.

Yesterday I was cooking like a woman possessed. I ate out three times last week. The first a lovely dim sum restaurant at London Bridge called Dim T, with my friend SM. On Thursday it was mine and Paul's five year anniversary (I KNOW!) so he took me to a tapas bar called Meza in Soho. And, on Friday evening on the way home from work I popped into Ping Pong for a quick drink with my friend JS from work so he could tell me all about his wonderful new long-distance love affair with a girl from The States. The waft of the yummy dim sum ended up getting the better of us so we decided to hang around for dinner.

Then ... of course my Saturday morning staple of "Saturday's Kitchen" got me in the mood for some serious cooking.

So I searched the web for recipes, shopped for ingredients, came back, put some loud music on, grabbed a drink and cooked for over three hours.

I was in my element. Loving every minute of it.

The end result was a deliciously fragrant and spicy chicken and sweet potato curry with pork filled Chinese steamed buns on the side. The recipe for these and more pics are here on this secret little site ... Food For which I don't keep up to date as much as I should I'm afraid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home