Paul and Mel's UK

Saturday, March 31, 2007

It's official: I am Superman



I have had this link to MyHeritage sitting in my eail account for more time than I care to imagine. Well, in the lead up to my Oz trip, I am trying to knock things off my to do list. Including testing the MyHeritage face recognition online application.

This application requests that you upload a photo and then matches it against its database of celebrities. Nifty.

So who do I most look like, according to the cold and calculating eye of MyHeritage's AI?

1) Tom Welling. I did not initially recognise the name but it turns out that he stars in Smallville, the TV show that centres on a young Clark Kent (A.K.A Superman, The Man of Steel, Son of Jorel)

2) Dean Cain. Funny, this one. I have a sister and a niece that have always subscribed to this theory. Not me - there is no way that I bear a resemblance to Deano, star of Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman. Well, okay, if MyHeritage says so ...

3) Nelson Mandela. Sure, this is a stretch. He is black. I am white. OK, white-ish. He is a champion of the people and liberator of the oppressed. I am a CPA. He may not be Superman, but he might be seen as a super man. I'll take it.

4) Fernando Redondo. No idea. According to Wikipedia, the F-Man is " ... a former Argentine professional football player. He was a defensive midfielder of outstanding skill and culture ...". My god! He is SO just like me. Except for the soccer, the skill and the culture he could be my physical AND mental twin!

And of the rest? Well, if beauty is in the eye of the beholder then so is facial recognition. Which, of course, sums up the MyHeritage facial recognition application rather nicely - flawed. Just like the rest of us.

Except me, of course. As it turns out, I am Superman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home