Paul and Mel's UK

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I am not a midget

midg·et (mjt)
n.
1. Offensive: An extremely small person who is otherwise normally proportioned.
2. A small or miniature version of something.
3. A class of small objects, as a class of very small sailboats or racing cars.

adj.
1. Miniature; diminutive.
2. Belonging to a type or class much smaller than what is considered standard

I was just speaking to Paul on the phone about 15 minutes ago (he's in France at the moment remember) and he apologised for not calling me earlier ... which is cool, I don't expect a clock-in every day. Then he went on to say (to make me feel better), "You have been referred to quite a bit though to the people here. The word midget came up. I think I referred to you as a midget."

I am not a midget. Yes, I am small but I am 5ft 3 inches (okay 5ft 2.5 inches - but we're rounding up here okay). That's not midget sized. This is a midget.

4 Comments:

  • O dear - you'll go and get Miss F all upset if she sees that post, better warn her not to look!
    TMC

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:15 PM  

  • Too late !!!!!!
    I'm off to my therapist now.

    C

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:14 PM  

  • But it's only dwarfs that you can fold in half ... not midgets. Right?

    By Blogger Melissa, at 11:12 PM  

  • Correct !

    I've studied "Origami of Drawfs chapters 1, 2 & 3".

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home