Paul and Mel's UK

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Sometimes, it just fits

I recently went to Brussels with my sister, MS. Brussels does not have the reputation of being a must see, European hot spot but I have to tell you, I really liked it.

It is easy to get around, everybody speaks English - along with seven other languages - and everyone was accommodating and friendly. Well, with the one exception of one ticket seller guy at one of the metro stations (you know who you are).

Anyway, aside from sampling a wide range of beers and immersing myself in the local culture - well, as much as a whistle stop tour on the obligatory double decker tour bus will allow, of course - I got jiggy with it with a couple of locals. Kudos to whomever can tell me what the hell that massive, colourful concoction of a triangular stringed instrument is.

Here's two thumbs up for Brussels

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home