Paul and Mel's UK

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Can I resist the urge to be juvenile?

Nope, probably not. But I will type this post with as much restraint as I can possibly muster.

Paul and his sister M went to Brussels for the weekend this weekend. So, in my time at home alone I thought I'd go to London Zoo. I've wanted to go for ages and Paul's really not keen so I thought this was the perfect opportunity. I was very disappointed actually. Growing up, I had been to Taronga Zoo in Sydney so many times and it's one of my favourite places. London Zoo pales in comparison, they would have half the amount of animals that Taronga has and the ones that they did have weren't that interesting. With the exception of the meercats, otters and monkeys. I spent ages watching them.

They have this Meet the Monkeys enclosure that you walk through which is in with the monkeys. You are literally face to face with them. And, if there wasn't a keeper in the enclosure with us watching our every move I so would have reached out to touch. One cheeky little monkey spied a little girl eating a cookie (her stupid mother clearly didn't read the signs) and jumped down and swiped it out of her hand. It was hilarious. Anyway, here's the cheeky monkey and here are the funny little meercats.

Okay, okay ... juvenility has gotten the best of me. Regardless of how mature and grown up and responsible one is, there are two things that will guarantee to make you giggle. Poo and farts. Always. Regardless. Get a bunch of grown ups in a room (generally with some wine) and eventually the conversation will at some point turn to poo or farts. It's just the way things are.

Anyway, I was in the gorilla viewing enclosure and this is what he did!And ... a bunch of about 20 people all stood there and watched. Mainly all adults. All making "Eewww gross," noises. A little bit of vomit even came up into my mouth. But still, I watched and I took photos. So of course, I had to share it with you ... all of you. I'm a child! But that's just how my mind works.

I'm going now to do something grown up, like make the bed or do some washing.

1 Comments:

  • i must agree..what is any place without meercats, otters and monkeys..in that order too i might add.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home