Paul and Mel's UK

Sunday, July 24, 2005

The Murphies

It has been a while, so I will get on with a flurry.

As yet, Mel and I do not have car. Actually, I have signed up for a pay-as-you-go car service, where you pay a membership fee and then £2.50 per hour to use the thing. Hell, it there is a VW Golf just around the corner that I could use as part of the service, so I thought I would sign on. However, I have lacked two forms of address ID until recently, so it has not come through yet. This week will be the week then.

So the main gist of this story is that we do not have a car, which makes shopping tough. So online we go. Easy as pie, right?

I seldom eat potatoes at home, but I find them to be a nice treat now and again. So I order 8 new potatoes. I really should have looked at the price per unit because it turns out that I ordered 8 BAGS of new potatoes. After giving 3 bags of potatoes away to MD and SG, and having spuds during the week, we till have 4 bags left. One has gone off in the cupboard (why is that?) and tonight we have decided enough is enough: I am cooking up two bags of potatoes for a monster-in-the-jacket-mash. And Mel is cooking up some roast spuds just for good measure.

Oh, why 'Murphies'? According to MD's dad, TD, it is Irish slang for potato. Who am I to argue with an Irishman about potatoes?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home