Paul and Mel's UK

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

When it rains ... it pours

Oh boy, and here you were all feeling like we'd forgotten you. Thinking our excuse of limited internet access was simply that ... an excuse. Well, proved you wrong didn't we. When it rains ... it pours.
I'm now like a kid in a candy store, or should that be, Mel in a candy store as there's really not much difference in the two. With internet access at hand, my right arm finally feels re-attached to my body. I'm whole again. How sad is that. Take away a girl's internet access and she suddenly becomes less of a person? Not really, but I do feel a lot more connected than previously.
But wait ... there are so many blog entries that have been made before this one, so if you haven't read them ... scroll down! Go on, you'll read all about Paul's big night out in Milwaukee and my cheesy comment attached to it, his US epilogue, our rambling night in Wimbledon Village where we scaled tall fences in a single bound and a loving dedication to my dear old Dad.
Nuff said ... just read.
Anyway, as you know, we're in our new place now. Things are slowly getting into a routine. When we first arrived Paul kept saying, "I'm just looking forward to getting in to a routine." I used to tease him, thinking he was ever so boring. Routine, who wants routine? I ask you. Well, pie in my face. Apparently I do.
So our new pad is on the first floor of a converted house which is reasonably newly renovated. It's two bedroom, two bathroom with a small balcony at the back, large windows in the front overlooking the street and my fave ... the loft has been converted into the master bedroom and ensuite. It's not as funky as I'm used to (fondly remembering my funky warehouse apartment on Flinders Lane), but it's still quite nice and comes fully furnished, so after forking out nearly $7000 (ouch!!!) on bond and rent up front we haven't really had to spend anything to make ourselves comfortable. I've been sitting in the loungeroom for the past couple of hours on the net and each time I look up out the windows I see a plane flying over. They are everywhere. Once Paul looked out the bathroom window and in that small space saw 6 airplanes in the sky. Thank god you can only see them and not really hear them.
Anyway, today is my last day off before I start work again so I'd better make the most of it and get off my butt and get out and about.


I start work tomorrow in a fabulous new role with, well, you know, the Co. I used to work for in Oz. I'm really looking forward to it. So much that I can do there and it's going to be a very big learning curve for me ... but it'll be great. It's a bit of a hike for me from home and I'll be commuting for about 1.25 hours each way ... big difference to my 4 minute scooter ride from South Melbourne ... so Paul bought me a Mini iPod from the States so I won't get bored! How cool is he? I plan to try and learn French whilst on the train to and from work. I'll let you know how that goes ... or doesn't, as the case may be.

Ciao for now. That's not french Meli Mel. Good start!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home