Paul and Mel's UK

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

This one's for Dad


MEL:

When I was a kid I remember my Dad painstakingly building a Cutty Sark model so when I found out that the actual ship was located in Greenwich we had to go. We caught a Catamaran from the London Eye down the Thames to Greenwich to take the above photos of the Cutty Sark for my Dad. I have to say it's quite impressive!

We spent most of the day in Greenwich and I fell in love with it. It's such a quaint little village. Whilst on the ferry we had a cheesy photograph taken which we (even cheesier) got made into a fridge magnet. Mum and Dad: this one will be coming to you as I know how much you love putting photos on your fridge.

But can I tell you our Karma story? It exists!

When we were at the train station purchasing our daily tickets (approx $12.50 each), Paul being the chivalrous lad that he is, bought one for me without realising I had bought my own. So we had forked out on three tickets instead of two. Now when you're spending Aussie dollars in uber-expensive London, this is a big deal. So to say we were both peeved at this misunderstanding is an understatement. But, Paul again being the chivalrous lad that he is gave the spare ticket to a woman who was waiting in line to purchase her own without accepting any cash for it.

So, karma ...

When buying our ferry tickets, just before paying for them I noticed a sign that said, (along the lines of), "get 1/3 off the price of your ferry ticket when you are the holder of a train ticket." So, almost 5 pound saving right there and then!

In Greenwich, we decided to buy some sunscreen as the sun was starting to burn. It was 34 degrees this day! Oh, the heat in London and braving the Tube during the heat is a whole different story I tell you! But, I digress (god I'm sounding like Paul). Sunscreen: We grabbed a satchel of suncreen for 99p. When paying for it that counter we were told it was a BOGOF. Buy one, get one free.

So, there you have it. Not only did we save money that day, and make up for the cost of the extra ticket ... we also made a small profit! Karma is alive and well in Mel and Paul's lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home