Paul and Mel's UK

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Village Idiots



MEL:

It's taken a while to get these photos up, but there's definitely a story to tell. It was a balmy Saturday evening (just before Wimbledon) and we decided to have a typical Aussie bbq in Shaz and Marty's back garden. Three bottles of wine and some Pimms later and a belly full of sausages and salad Marty decided he wanted to go to the Dog and Fox in Wimbledon Village.

It's about a 2km walk through Wimbledon Park (no Wombles in sight though unfortunately - and I have been looking!) We safely walked through the first gates of Wimbledon Park to get to the other side to find it locked and a 7 foot fence glaring at us!

So here we were, four 30-somethings, full of Pimms and Wine attempting to climb over this 7ft fence. Luckily for me I had my trusty Mju Mini with me and after whipping over the fence myself (as best I could in jeans that were too tight that didn't have any stretch in them) I managed to get these great shots of Paul and Marty helping Shaz over the fence.

Three weeks later, Shaz and I still have massive bruises on our legs from the dirty great big spikes at the top of the fence.

We got to the Dog and Fox, which was packed, had a few champagnes and promptly had to leave just after 11pm as that's what time pubs close here. So we legged it back home past the All England tennis club where we saw people camping out in anticipation for Monday morning Wimbledon ticket sales (eager). Marty attempted to steal parking signs on the way and then Shaz, Paul and I gave up and jumped in a cab ... my full bladder as an excuse not to walk the last 1km.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home