Paul and Mel's UK

Sunday, November 20, 2005

I love it when a plan comes together

When I was here on my last stint. I used to work around Tower Hill - the very east end of the city. I used to walk past the Tower of London twice a day. At night, during winter, it was particularly appealing. The mist ... the lighting against the dark and the mist. The Tower of London and Tower Bridge were my two favourite London sites.

The weekend just past, Mel and I went. I have always wanted to go inside and have a look around. Will most likely post some more photos of us having a look around the tower. But for now, I will leave you with this shot - which I think is a pearler. In the way home after a stroll around St Katherine's Dock, we took a few photos of the ice skating rink set up in front of the Tower of London. We had seen it earlier in the day, but it took on a new life at night. Our photos revealed some great colours. But my favourite was this black and white image. The longer exposure produced the blurred images which give a sense of movement to this photo that I really like.

I hope you do to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home