Paul and Mel's UK

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Well I'm a Walkin' (by myself ...)

... I hope you'll understand

'Cos I just want
To be your lovin' man

I know one person who will know what I am on about. It is a song and if anyone other than SP can tell me what it is, kudos.

But this is not what I am on about in this blog. No, the walking refers to my Saturday just recently. Woke up, later than I would have liked - about 9:30 am. Walked to Clapham, which has to be at least 4 kays. Quick workout, about 40 mins. In the shower and off to Waterloo via an overland train from Clapham Junction station. Walk from Waterloo to Holborn (which is near my office), kind of by accident. Then to Tottenhm Court Rd for some quick gadget shopping (OK .. window shopping. A new iPod and a ne Palm released in the same week - forgive me). Then down Oxford Street for what I am really supposed to be doing, which is a bit of work clothes shopping. A couple of ties and a shirt or two would be nice.

Problem is that by the time I get to Oxford Street is is 3:30pm and I have been walking, gyming or otherwise moving since 11am and I am knackered. By the time I got to the target location, Zara (via Topman, who have recently had a revamp), I am really not focused on the shopping.

I can say that I was a bit disappointed at Zara, TopMan had sme stuff worth revisiting and Gap are doing some good stuff this winter.

Oh, and I picked up those cheap headphones I said I would. OK, it was kind of a window shop ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home