Paul and Mel's UK

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Brusha Brusha Brusha

I really struggled to find a suitable costume for my work Christmas party. It was a Hollywood themed fancy dress party at the Selfridges Hotel in Central London. Initially a group of us were going to dress up as characters from Austin Powers ... I was assigned the Liz Hurley character BORING! I would have much preferred to be the "Fat B@st@rd."

But being the new girl in the office I didn't want to stand out too much so I opted for the safe (think a little boring) Pink Lady from Grease. Jan to be precise.

I was so pleasantly surpised with how many people dressed up that evening. There were two Audrey's, a Nemo, Charlie Chaplin x 2, two groups went as the cast of Braveheart, there was even a girl who wore Liz Hurley's famous Versace Safety Pin dress. And ... these people can almost daggy dance with the best of them. CF - I did say ALMOST.

But like all good Pink Ladies I was on a train on my way home by 11:30pm and there wasn't a hang over in sight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home