Paul and Mel's UK

Friday, May 20, 2005

Excel tests

So while we are one the topic of Microsoft Excel (come on, people, we move fast around here) one of the agencies gave ma an excel knowledge test. It was on the PC and asked a series of common and not-so-common questions and takes about 30 mins.

Anyhoo (not a typo, for the record) I figured I would ace the test. Perhaps I would even be the first person to get 100%. For the record, I got three questions out of fifty wrong. One I would debate about (of course), one genuinely got me. Then there is the issue of closing a workbook.

One of the questions was 'How would you close a workbook?'. I closed in it the exact same fashion as I would in real life: I hit Ctrl-F4. The testing program said this was not correct. I figured I had just forgotten the correct key stroke combination and while a little embarassed about getting such a rudimentary answer incorrect, I moved on.

When I got home, I fired up the laptop and started up Excel. What do you think happened when I hit Ctrl-F4? Too right: closed the workbook.

Who amongst you thinks that I am not tempted to ring up the agency and clarify this gaffe?

2 Comments:

  • O come on Paul, surely you can't help yourself... Ring the agency and rest your conscience!

    BTW, what was the one(s) that you did get wrong?

    Am really liking this "Blogging" thing, looking forward to more updates.

    Trace

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:37 AM  

  • ... Paul ... only 94% ... I think you may have to rethink your chosen career!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home