Paul and Mel's UK

Friday, November 25, 2005

Project: Centurion

You may or may not know it, but I keep stats about this blog. This page has been hit a total of about 500 times. And you would be surprised how many of these come from 'new visitors': those who have never seen the site before.

Up until recently, Paul and Mel's UK was hit, one average, about 3-5 times per day. That sound about right to me. Then - on a whim - I entered this blog into an Australian competition. Since then, the site is often around the 20-25 hits per day. This got me thinking. If I applied myself, how many people would come and view the site on a daily basis.Well, viewers, I have a target: 100 hits per day by Xmas day 2005 - one month now.

Now ... please don't inflate the figures by refreshing your page repeatedly. Besides ... I will now if I have been successful by checking where the hits come from. I would expect a diverse, world-wide response. And my reports cover that.

It is late on a Friday night now. I have just watched The West Wing and am in the middle of a recorded episode of House. After that, it is time for the bed bugs to bite. But by Sunday I will have a plan of attack. And by Xmas day, I will tell you if my plan worked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home