Paul and Mel's UK

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Winter Wonderland

London really does come alive in a whole different way as soon as the temperature drops. This week was the first week that I really felt the cold. I only came here with summer clothing so in the past five days I have purchased the following items:

  • 5 pashminas (one hot pink, one black, one red, one cream and one light blue one)
  • 1 cream coat (see pic)
  • 1 pair black furry suede boots (see photo again - so comfortable and oh-so warm!)
  • 1 black polo neck jumper
  • 1 black & white stripped jumper
  • 1 pair black long shorts

I'm feeling a little more equipped for the cold now. Still have to buy some thermals and maybe a hat or two ... but otherwise, I'm okay.

Anyway, this blog isn't really about my fashion purchases.

This blog entry is about how beautiful London looks when it's cold. As per Paul's last entry, we went to the Tower of London on Saturday and in this weather, everything looks just stunning. The colours seem brighter and the air is so much fresher and crisper. And as soon as dusk hits and the lights come on ... everything comes alive. In the collage above I tried to capture the cold. One shot is of our roof in the morning with ice on it and the sun beaming through the mist. I thought this shot was particularly stunning. There's me in my cute new clothes and there's a pretty cool one of Paul too.

Lots more photos to come soon as we're just getting into the swing of taking photos, so stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home